Sunday, April 4, 2021

Finding a happier, healthier and more beautiful life

Remember when we use to buy magazines? It was fun to read a few articles and escape for a little while. Sometimes they were frivolous subjects like fashion and other times, we might seek more depth and knowledge. 

These days my non-fiction reading diet tends to be the news. When I need a break from that, I like to check out content online from magazines I used to read. 

Recently I came across some articles from Psychology Today. What I like about these articles, is that they help me to understand myself and the world. It's like mini-self help sessions. 

I found this article on disappointment which pointed out how we can often globalise or personalise disappointment. It also noted how we might want to see these disappointments as opportunities to grow. Disappointment is a part of life and learning to better deal with it is important. 

Articles about parenting are also great because it can be a helpful guide on how to be kinder and gentler with yourself. The thoughts in your head sometimes need a calm parent like response. One article on procrastination made me chuckle and think about how I could manage myself when I am having those I'll do it later moments.  There was an article about reframing. Reframing is a useful tool that I really enjoy learning about. I find that it can make a difference on how I remember and feel about a trauma. It is a great way of finding more peace and acceptance so you can move on. 

Then there was an article about single people which made me reflect on how I could be more comfortable in my own company. 

Mental health is gaining more attention and understanding. This article provided a more positive view about depression which I hadn't ever thought about. 

Relationships are a big part of our life. I recently learnt about attachment styles. The article by therapist D Lancer provided an insightful look at the topic by considering how we might change our atttachment style.

So why am I blogging about these articles? I found them useful, interesting and thought I might want to read them again in the future - yes I thought they were that good. 

These subjects all form part of the puzzle of living a happier, healthier and more beautiful life. 

So I didn't procrastinate and wrote this blog. I feel happier already! 

Happy reading and may you find more health, happiness and beauty in your day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment