Monday, May 23, 2011

Food for Thought - The Worst Job in the World

We grumble about work. We wish that we didn't have to go. Sunday night is dread time. Monday is so long. But I do often wonder what is the worst job in the world?


I always feel great sympathy for toilet cleaners. I don't like going to public or work toilets, but can you imagine having to clean them?

New Mums have it tough too - they've lost their figure, there's lack of sleep, bleeding nipples, cleaning up vomit, changing diapers and a crying baby, just to name some of the joys.

As a student, I worked in a restaurant. At the end of each night when I finished a shift, I hated that I smelled of food. Not to mention the horrible boss who told me that I needed to wear more make up and I had to take a pay cut. He was notorious for being a hateful human being.

It might be that you feel underpaid, under-appreciated and quite simply unhappy. You might like to read Show Me The Money because the fact is that we wouldn't be at work if it wasn't for that credit in your bank account each month.

But putting it all in perspective, one of the worst jobs has to be working at the nuclear plant in Japan and the huge sacrifice they had to make for the greater good.

The next time you feel sorry for yourself because of your awful job, consider whether you have the worst job in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment