Saturday, June 11, 2011

Paris - The Designer Fashion Capital of the World

Paris is synonymous with fashion. I love London, it has some of the best fashion in the world. But the Parisian designer windows are a feast for the eyes. If you can’t afford the designer prices, perhaps you might be inspired by the latest looks they have created in these boutiques. 
 
Rue Fauborg St Honore is one of Paris’ most famous shopping streets, full of designer boutiques. I loved Prada’s building.
 

Gucci had a très funky look.   
If your budget is a little less fancy, then Spanish label Zara has some great Summer fashion for a reasonable price. Every second person I know in London shops at Zara, though the Paris store I went into had a distinct French feel. 
Off the Champs Elysee, you have a strip of glamorous designers – Jimmy Choo, Chanel and Dior.  

Jimmy Choo is glam shoe heaven. They make high heals super sexy. 
Chanel has been working on its image with major celebrities - Nicole Kidman, Kiera Knightley and Audrey Tautou, advertising their perfume. The black and yellow has an edgy rock star feel. Perhaps Chanel is aiming for a younger market these days?   
Dior has glammed up over recent years,can you have enough LBDs? I must have at least a dozen in my wardrobe.
Dior have some young fresh looks too. 

 
Pierre Cardin, which I've always thought was a little bit old in its style, actually had some cute store windows. I'm reminded of Breakfast at Tiffany's but with a fun and fresh look that seems effortless.
And this spring / summer outfit is fresh and simply adorable. Colour is always great when it's spring / summer. They say bright colours make you look younger.  
Or perhaps discover another designer as you wander the streets.
As I wandered around St Germain, I wished that I had an unlimited budget. There were so many great boutiques which made my credit card groan at the thought. I settled for a small reasonably priced store on Rue Sèvres called Camaieu for some simple summer / spring basics for around €20 - €30 a price.

If you're in St Germain, try to visit Pierre Herme for their macarons. These are the ultimate Paris sweet treat.Read Pierre Herme - The Master of Macarons

I also went for comfort and functional at Adidas on the Champs Elysee which is a large store with a decent range.If you've been to Paris, you know that good walking shoes are an absolute must. If you are going for the first time, then read QnA: Paris Itinerary for First Time Visitors.

I am now very tempted to visit Paris during the sale. In the meantime, the London sales have started so the credit cards are going to be working overtime. A bientot and happy shopping fashionistas - in Paris or wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment