Monday, September 17, 2018

Gourmet lunch at home - sweet and savoury bruscetta


Meet my gourmet lunch, sweet and savoury bruscetta, a healthy light meal that reminds me of Italy and my teens before carbs became what they are today.

Somehow we now live in a world where certain foods are akin to sin and others are our gateway to heaven.

Sugar, carbs, processed food, fast food, gluten, desserts, anything you might desire or love are now no longer guilt free.  We are doomed when we indulge. Those who are strong and exercise abstinence deserve might praise.

This era of self deprivation is the norm.
I wholeheartedly rejected this mindset today when I had this lovely bruscetta for lunch. It was made with:
1. Fig and hazelnut bread from M&S;
2. Vine ripened tomatoes;
3. Fresh Basil;
4. Crushed organic garlic;
5. Extra virgin olive oil;
6. Parsley (from a bottle); and
7. Camargue fleur de sel salt.

I also added some shredded mozarella to some of them to settle my mini pizza craving.
Sometimes we need carbs. Sometimes we need oil. And we all know about how good herbs and protein are.

Find some fancy bread, slap on some tomatoes, garlic and oil. Treat yourself to some herbs. Spoil it with some cheese. Smash it down.

Enjoy this healthy beautiful gourmet lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment