Friday, April 8, 2011

Would you eat breast milk ice-cream?

There are lots of weird foods that are eaten today around the world, but this is a shocker.

The baby Gaga in Covent Garden, London was an ice-cream blended from breast milk, lemon pods and Madagascan vanilla, served in a cocktail glass and costing £14. The Icecreamists in Maiden Lane describe their products as an exquisite range of boutique ice-creams and its website showcases reviews from Marie Claire, Perez Hilton and the Daily Telegraph.

The breast milk ice-cream was written about on bbc and other UK newspapers in February 2011 and it wasn't long before the baby Gaga was no longer available on health grounds following public complaints. I guess I won't be checking it out next time I'm in the area, phew!

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't eat ice cream made from human milk simply because it is a body fluid. Having breast fed two children, I know that human milk is flavorful, sweet, and high in cream. I imagine it would create very tasty ice cream. Much better than cow's milk! Not sure why the milk couldn't be pasteurized, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you OptiPress, I wouldn't eat it.

    On drinking breast milk, I always think of that episode in Friends and Ross finally giving it a go.

    Some women breast feed kids as old as 8, so I guess it must taste good or else why would an 8 year old prefer it to anything else?

    ReplyDelete