Friday, May 17, 2019

Dulwich Artist Open House Festival


At the Dulwich artist open house festival, you meet London artists while exploring their work, studios and homes. 


Martin Fidler's studio was one of my favourites. I loved that there was so much light. His exploration of trees reflects my own recent interest in these beautiful creations. Their resilience and sense of humble pride is admirable. 


The array of brushes and tools excited me. I guess it's like how stationery makes me want to write. I see all the artist's materials and it makes me tingle. 


There is also something about being in a space where the creative process takes place. It's like being privy to the inner workings and their secrets. 




I also liked the bright backgarden studios like at Caroline Thomson's home. 

It is a fantastic opportunity to see the real life world of an artist and these are creative people who have had their works in museums and galleries in London, so it's worth checking out. 


The Dulwich artist open house is on next weekend also. The festival map and list of artists is available online in the useful links section on the Dulwich Festival website (see the Artists' Open House Guide pdf). 

No comments:

Post a Comment