Wednesday, March 30, 2022

How The Rising Cost of Electricity Will Change My Life

Chancellor Rishi Sunak - estimated net worth £200 million

My monthly electricity bill is going up by a scary number. It means that I will be cutting back even more on my expenses. I figure I will buy less toiletries and groceries to begin with. Also, I'm definitely not going out to eat, even if the covid-19 situation improves. There won't be any holidays and also very little clothes shopping. 

I'm thinking about how I can increase my revenue. This means I will have less time for myself, less time to do the things I love and less time to spend with family or friends. 

The chancellors measures will not benefit me at all. I will be poorer. I will not be helping the economy. That money has gone to the electricity companies. 

The cost of living crisis will result in a recession. 
I am 100% positive we are in for some very bad years. I cannot understand how we are being flung into this big black hole. Are we expecting a miracle? Or do we expect our imminent apocalyptic demise?

It feels like my quality life and standard of living is lower. I feel sorry for all those who will be plunged into poverty, debt and homelessness. We have a government that has made alot of empty promises. They bury their head in the sand, denying problems exist and pretending that we can go back to the good old days. We are far from that idealistic vision. The reality is truly grim. 

The biggest problem for me is electricity prices. I cannot understand why certain businesses are being chosen over the people, economy and country. It is incredible how after two terrible years of a pandemic, the British people will be struggling with the rising cost of electricity and this change to our lives is simply met with a shrug of the shoulders plus a 'we can't do everything.'

No comments:

Post a Comment