Monday, March 28, 2022

Will having sexier arms make me happier?

Credit: David Hofmann

We all have things we want to improve. There's a niggling thought that if I could just change x about myself, I would be happier. 

Lately I hate my arms. There's articles like Summer Sexy Arm Workout. We feel better knowing we are taking steps to improve whatever is bothering us. However, we also need to learn to not focus on what we're not happy about. Beauty is more than arms, thighs, bellies and boobs. Our emotions about our body can be about us realising we need to be healthier. 

I'd love to have sexier arms. It is possible, but it means dedication and perseverance. However, there are lots of other goals which I also want to focus on. 

I know I need to cut down on sugar and snacking. Worrying about the cost of living crisis and Ukraine has meant I'm not as clear about what I want or what I'm doing. 

I want to meditate more to clear my mind and provide greater clarity. Sexier arms might make me happier about my arms but it won't resolve the other things in my life that I'm not happy about. 

Using goals as a way to organise my mind has been helpful in the past. There are habits I need to foster again. Maybe I will have sexier arms, but the quest to happiness isn't in arms alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment