Saturday, April 10, 2021

I wish I was less of a perfectionist


I can't help putting 110% into whatever I do. It just doesn't sit right with me when I try to do less. It is a slow uphill road working on my perfectionist tendency. 

It's hard to accept that I am far from perfect and not judge myself for my failings. I realise I would be happier if I embrace and love myself for who I am today. 

This week I've been doing more self development. It's tricky trying to find a balance between improving things, strengthening my self esteem and quieting that inner critic. 

So in an effort to be less of a perfectionist, here is a photo which I would frame differently and probably not post because it's not exactly right for this post. I'm writing a short post and it could be crafted better. 

There is perfection in imperfection and it is possible to find satisfaction in just doing rather than setting some kind of standard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment