Monday, April 12, 2021

Prioritising not Procrastinating

There's only so many hours in the day. It's easy to become distracted and end up finding the day has disappeared. It's partly procrastination or not feeling motivated. 

When I've started a new project, old ones that are almost near completion are set aside. I'm sure there is a term for this. I'm sure it has something to do with fear of criticism and failure. 

There's all sorts of advice about needing to fail to succeed and learning to fail. It's strange setting out to fail. The reality is that failure is not inevitable. This might be an occasion when you don't fail. 

Also we can rename failure as a stepping stone or part of the learning curve. 

I guess recognising, acknowledging and trying to address the problem is a start. Next, I want to improve and develop my ability to accept that I've done the best that I can and complete rather than procrastinate. 

It's a bit of the perfectionist in me. I'm trying to be more compassionate and less judgmental. So I'm still a huge work in progress, but then again, isn't everyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment