Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Are you Oscar the Grouch?

It was raining yesterday morning and I came across a miserable grouches. She them told someone off for taking the elevator one floor up. I felt sorry for the poor guy. He probably didn't even know where the stairs were. I know I didn't. I thought she was being a bully. I felt bad that I did not stick up for him. I thought about him again today.

It made me think about how we behave, how we are perceived and how we should be. Smile! There really isn't enough going around, for no particular reason, with no agenda.

I try to think of the bright side as I skirt my way around puddles and the buses create big splashes as they pass by. The filth of the streets is washed away. The farmers are happy. We don't have a water shortage. I'm not trying to be one of those annoying people that are always perky. I certainly am not one of them!

If you smile, you might actually feel happy or might even make someone else feel happy. Think about it. Do it. May it bring good things to you.

You may also be interested in:

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your blog. May try roasting a duck, not making any promises! I am optimistically pessimistic, you know. However, contrary to how my blog reads, I am not an oscar, maybe an eeyore:)

    ReplyDelete