Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shop in the UK from anywhere in the world - buy online

House of Fraser London
Online shopping is one of the biggest trends this century. You can buy online almost anything from anywhere in the world. I have been shopping in Italy this week-end and the UK. My credit card is getting a major work out and my wardrobe is bulging. I have to say the experience has been much more gratifying than my visit to Selfridges in which there was a massive downpour, so I was battling the rain and the grumpy crowds. That was shoe shopping which I really do need to try on and see what is my size. It means that now when I shop online I know exactly what size I ma in different shoes and I have a much better idea of what I am looking for.


Shopping has evolved with the online ability to sort by brand and size. And when your package comes, it's like a present. You can see how much you are spending, compare various shops at the same time to see if you are buying too many things that look the same or spending too much overall. It saves time, money and effort, fighting the crowds and the snooty sales people.

Most of the big UK department stores deliver internationally - Harrods, House of Fraser and Debenhams just to name a few. These sites are super user friendly. They don't have some of the added functionality of some designer stores such as seeing a model on a catwalk or viewing the items from different angles, but you get a pretty good idea if it is what you might be looking for. For customers, it means you can wear some of the latest fashions that are available in the UK or at least get an idea of what is in our stores and then look for similar things in your own country.  

It did make me wonder whether this means that there will be more men and women walking around in ill fitting sizes and styles because returning items is a tiny bit of effort. But then shopping 24 hours a day, what can I say? And for men, who prefer a 5 minute experience and hate going shopping, they must be loving it.

It's made me wonder how easily it is for me to shop in the US now without having to fly to New York. Several months ago, I did try to buy some of shoes under Fergie's label (from the the Black Eyed Peas) but they didn't accept interantional customers.
  
With Kate Middleton sporting lots of different UK High Street looks, her fans are definitely going to be able to access her outfits much more readily through online shopping. For some of the brands and places she has been buying - see  British Beauty Kate Middleton - Fashion Icon, from the High Street to Designer Labels

You may also be interested in:

Paris - The Designer Fashion Capital of the World 
Other shopping blogs

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment