Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Android Smart Phone

Android phones are super trendy and it seems that a normal mobile phone is like playing cassette tapes. To date, I have taken advantage of everyone else having a smart phone and just made sure I had them around so I didn't get lost or if we needed to check the internet. I think they are expensive because they are new, and there are alot of annoying aspects which will eventually be sorted - I can't believe people are charging their phones daily or even more frequently!


The reason that I succumbed in the end was that I found a decent phone for a ok price and I thought I should trial it. Also, I have been very busy lately and just wanted to be more efficient when I am waiting for buses, people, lifts etc. It took me a long time to decide what phone I wanted as there is so much jargon and information to digest, plus it is an investment of sorts so you want to get it right.

Fortunately, there is a wealth of information and you can get some reliable opinions from friends and family because they have all experienced it first hand. They are very practical, but I can also see it eating up my precious time as it is a new toy which is demanding that I play with it. Plus I've visited half a dozen stores and really stretched the sales staff with my questions.

I decided that I would wait and see what the new apple iphone was like and whether they have worked out all the problems in the iphone4. I bought a mid-range phone that was actually released last year (so it is now significantly cheaper), but had decent reviews and had many of the features I was looking for.

I have to say that I am impressed with the technology. I am waiting for my apps  to download and suspect that it will be Christmas before I manage that! But I checked my emails today, and I am starting to master it rather than letting it master me.

Technology is the future and smart phones are currently a big player. Who knows, may be I will become a huge fan. Afterall, I can't live without my ipod, but then I do love my music and it was always one of my goals to own a jukebox, I just never imagined it would be so small!

Read about other trends:
Forget your personal trainer, try zumba - the fitness party fad!
Smart exercising
Detox - What's it all about?
Paris - The Designer Fashion Capital of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment