Friday, March 11, 2011

Motivation decimation

This week I've felt very unproductive, achieving much less than I had hoped and my to do list ever increasing. I don't know whether it's because I'm not sleeping well because I changed my sleeping pattern, diet, exercise regime, have too much on or all of the above. Whatever the reason, I seriously need a pick me up and to find my inner perkiness.



It got me thinking that I am sure I am not alone in being in a slump. I did a quick google and came up with these two sites which I thought I would share:
They both offer some practical advice. I'd like to add some ideas that  I came up with that might help:
  1. If you haven't done it yet, write a list of everything you have to do then prioritise them. It's important to get organised and de-clutter your brain. 
  2. Write down what you have achieved. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. You can't be efficient and productive 100% of the time. Everyone needs down time and sometimes your self conscience and body are acting on your behalf.
  3. Write in your diary or if you don't have one, on a piece of paper, everything that is bothering you. Try to understand what is the reason why you are in a slump, unmotivated or procrastinating.
  4. Come up with a reward, something to look forward to, once you have achieved whatever it is you are procrastinating. In fact, come up with a bonus system. Set a deadline and if you achieve it early, then you get an extra treat. We work better with a carrot than a stick. 
  5. Get started, even if it's just 10 minutes. Stop making excuses.  
Some other useful blogs you may be interested in:Ok, I have to get back to it all and take my own advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment