It got me thinking that I am sure I am not alone in being in a slump. I did a quick google and came up with these two sites which I thought I would share:
- If you haven't done it yet, write a list of everything you have to do then prioritise them. It's important to get organised and de-clutter your brain.
- Write down what you have achieved. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. You can't be efficient and productive 100% of the time. Everyone needs down time and sometimes your self conscience and body are acting on your behalf.
- Write in your diary or if you don't have one, on a piece of paper, everything that is bothering you. Try to understand what is the reason why you are in a slump, unmotivated or procrastinating.
- Come up with a reward, something to look forward to, once you have achieved whatever it is you are procrastinating. In fact, come up with a bonus system. Set a deadline and if you achieve it early, then you get an extra treat. We work better with a carrot than a stick.
- Get started, even if it's just 10 minutes. Stop making excuses.