Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winter pick me up - temples in Angkor Wat in Siam Reap Cambodia


I've been booking holidays, may be it's the post Christmas lull and I need something to look forward to.

My last holiday seems ages ago, but actually it was only January that I was in the beautiful Siam Reap - a different culture and some amazing sites.



There's blue skies, sun, a wonderful vibe, affordable, delicious food (a fusion of Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai) and you can be as active or lazy as you like.

Most people in Siam Reap can speak English and it's not yet such a tourist trap that has lost its identity. Siam Reap opened up to tourism around 10 years ago. It is now much safer and developed than before.

Cambodia is an amazing country and very affordable if you are on a budget. Angkor Wat is a Unesco World Heritage site and also famous for the filming of scenes in the blockbuster Hollywood movie Tomb Raider, starring Angelina Jolie.

If you want to something different, there are also charitable organisations where you can volunteer your time and squeeze in a holiday too. I'd love to try it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment