Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dieting in October

There's something about Christmas approaching and having to see my mother that makes me think I need to diet. So I'm doing a mini-detox, I've cut out carbs and I'm exercising again.

Focusing on my diet takes time, and it means frequent trips to the supermarket for fresh food. Two evening a weeks I have fruit for dinner and a glass of semi-skimmed milk. It's dull, but I compensate by having a warm and hearty soup for lunch which I made the night before. Warm soup has been great, especially since the weather has changed so dramatically. One of my favourites is grapefruit. It feels super healthy. Tofu is another great one. I must say, I never used to liked these foods, but they do become your best friend when you are going to battle. I've written out my meal plan, and I'm considering adding to my fridge a page of quick and easy healthy foods, to remind myself when I am hungry what I should be eating. Currently I have one that lists fruit and veg and which ones have lower sugar and carbs.

So for the moment I'm feeling leaner. Weights, lunges and ab exercises is doing wonders.The first few days I was mega cranky. I wonder whether models are bitches because they are hungry or missing comfort food.
I'm avoiding cooking shows and my social life has taken a hit, because that means alcohol or bad foods.

On the scales this morning and those pounds are coming off. It has to be one of the most gratifying things seeing your weight come down.

I am however planning to have some carbs this week and I can't wait. They are fairly healthy - spinach and ricotta pasta and a few days of wholemeal bread. But I've decided to limit myself to 3 days off carbs per week, and no more than four if I am going out with friends.

I'm also treating myself to new exercise dvds. I'm investing in some 10 minute solution ones  because I have such a short attention span and they are cheap - only £5. Plus, the reviews are pretty decent. One is interval training / kick boxing and the other is dance - I miss the svelte dancer body I had a few months ago when I was doing a class.

Whilst some might be gearing up for Halloween or settling in the pub with a beer, I'm dieting in October. What can I say? I've never been one to follow the crowd.   

You may also be interested in:

No comments:

Post a Comment