Thursday, October 6, 2011

Former Apple CEO and founder Steve Jobs dies

It was just over six weeks ago that I was writing about Steve Jobs resigning. Today I feel sad, not just because winter is coming, I'm overworked, the state of the world, the economic crisis or that Steve Jobs has died. I wonder today, whether I will be able to achieve great things. May be it's my generation, may be we are always filled with discontent, may be because Steve Jobs gave so much to his work and his payment was an early grave. May be I feel daunted that he achieved so much and the path ahead is steep and lonely.

I am reminded that death looms ahead of us all. That you can be hugely successful and yet die at age 56. He had health problems and still he soldiered on. He neglected himself and devoted his time to Silicon Valley. He gave us the ipod, iphone, the ipad and made it better for us consumers because he drove the technology world to do better, to let us achieve more, to make our world easier and more fun.He will be remembered, and not just by the celebrities which tweet about him. His name will be in the history books. When technology has surpassed our wildest dreams, when we are old and telling stories to our grandchildren, we will say it was Steve Jobs who started it all. Steve Jobs was the great inventor of our time.

I am filled with insecurity and doubt. But I guess when you look around, every one suffers from the same human affliction. Even the most confident people aren't really that brave or sure of themselves. It drives all the behaviour that we see around us. Why we keep at it or give up, because of our doubts. But what can we do? How do we move forward. A wise woman once told me it is what we do when we are at our worst and giving up is not an option.

And so I go to bed with a heavy heart, and wake up tomorrow filled with hope because it is nearly the weekend and we can start living for two days at least.

Steve Jobs, may he rest in peace.

You may also be interested in:

No comments:

Post a Comment