Thursday, April 8, 2021

Core Beliefs, Motivations, Habits and Routines

Chocolate from Dark Sugars Store in London

 
Today I started with a YouTube video on core beliefs then went down a small rabbit hole of TedX videos. Note to self, watch one video a day to prevent information overload. 

I was reminded about mantras which can be a useful way to help change our core beliefs. On my walk this evening, I said a couple of mantras. 

Another interesting point that I learnt from one of the videos was that we are motivated by a positive outcome rather than a negative fear based one. So for example I want to eat healthy because I will feel good about myself rather than I want to eat healthy because I will get fat. 

The use of want instead of should helps to feel more empowered. 

The other tip was to change small habits which can produce momentum for more changes. So for example I've been snacking on chocolate and crisps lately. I used to be really disciplined and chocolate was a treat maybe once every few months. I rarely ate crisps. 

Yesterday I started the morning by adding some spirulina to my oats. When I have spirulina it makes me feel extra healthy and it sets the tone for my day.  Today I had a homemade banana smoothie with some cocoa and a tablespoon of peanut butter. This evening I had a large bowl of pineapple. So that's two days of no naughty snacking! 

I want to continue to be healthier. It feels like these mini morning studies are putting me back on track with what I really want. It's been great to change my routine in this way. It has meant reading and listening to less about the news. I plan to continue with these self-development sessions for the rest of the week. 

If you're interested in the YouTube videos that I'm watching, you can checkout my YouTube Health & Happiness playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment