Friday, April 16, 2021

Grief



I watched a zoom memorial recording this morning. I knew the deceased, but not very well. When I heard that she had passed, it felt surreal and until I saw the memorial, I thought may be it was a mistake and she was somehow still alive. 

As each person came on to the screen and spoke, you could see the shock, struggle and grief that overcame them. 

We live in a world of Zoom memorial recordings. It's captured online for everyone to see. 

They talked about her life and the feelings of loss. There were tears. 

Tomorrow is the funeral  service of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip. He will be buried in Windsor. 

These death have made me reflect about my own life and all the dreams that are yet to be realised. I wonder about my own funeral, who would come and their grief. 

It feels wrong to be so focused on death rather than on the living. The thing is there is no right or wrong. It just is the present thoughts and emotions I am experiencing. 

My own experiences of grief from the loss of loved ones was very painful. These days, there are more tools and resources to help us cope. 

Inner space had a useful podcast on coping with grief last year. After listening to the podcast, I found an article about the four tasks of mourning 

People come in and out of our lives. We can rage against the night, deny our feelings or do anything which will help  us heal. The wound will always be there, but it will not be so fresh or raw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment