Tuesday, April 6, 2021

When will we party again?


When will we party again? 

Some days I wear makeup and wear a dress. It's nothing fancy, but it's a definite change from jogging bottoms and a hoodie. I might not meet anyone on my walk or see anyone on zoom, but I feel better about myself. 

No one knows when we will globally return to the life we knew. It might be a few years. I dare not think about if it might be longer. This is a world we are going to have to live in. 

Some people decided early on that they were not going to change. They would continue to go to raves, travel and if it meant breaking the rules, they would do so. They protested and shouted loudly about their civil liberties. 

Others followed the rules. There will be more rules. Just as 9/11 changed how we live, fly and travel in various ways, coronavirus has and will continue to change how we live, fly and travel. We know vaccines, testing and masks will feature. We can accept this reality and make the best of the situation as many will do. It is our democratic right to complain or seek to change government decisions. Sometimes the government may be wrong or corrupt and this needs to be highlighted. Ultimately it is important for governments to maintain trust, transparency and operate with integrity. This is more important now that ever with our liberties being sacrificed.  

Until globally we come together to overcome this pandemic, there will be more mutations and variants. We will all continue to limp along. Vaccines are not 100% effective and not everyone can or will take a vaccine. I used to wake up wishing that somehow magically this was all a nightmare. There is no silver bullet that will kill this invisible enemy, or if there is, it hasn't been discovered yet. 

I try to eat healthy and exercise. I know that I am not as healthy nor do I exercise as much as I used to. It's ok. I am happy sometimes and other times happiness seems elusive, but that was the reality before the pandemic. 

2021 will be a better year compared to 2020. However, it is also a time to reflect on what we have learnt and how we want to live in this new world. now that we accept and understand this reality is for a few years and not a few months. 

We will party again one day. It will be a golden time when we can dance and dress in fancy clothes. There will be a world in which we can travel and gather. We will take it for granted, just like we used to do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment