Friday, April 30, 2021

Skincare - finding a new beauty routine


I've been trying new beauty products. It's such a relief there are more paraben and chemical free products available. 

Over time, your skin needs change. We have to adapt and see what works. 

The mix of supplements and vitamins also is an important part of my skin care routine. I've scaled down the cocktail of pills. 

I was using essential oils like immortelle and frankincense with base oils like rosehip oil, grapeseed oil and almond oil. I love them but feel that it is time to step it up.  I've been a fan of Neal's Yard, Sukin and Antipodes. There's a burt's bees exfoliant I use in the shower on an ad hoc basis. I would use almond oil for a mini face massage and do a homemade mask made from yoghurt, honey, ginger, turmeric and honey. 

I've been reading about latest trends and looking at the ingredients in high end products. In the past I used some very expensive brands. Now, I realise that there are affordable options. Q+A and Oleus have a good range. 

I've gradually introduced different products and treatments. 

I started with a collagen face cream as a night cream. I also switched to apricot oil to remove my makeup. 

After a couple of months, I've focused on serums and blemish problems. During the day I use a Vitamin C serum. At night I use a Superfood serum and a blemish repair paste which has some salicylic acid. I also use a charcoal cleanser a few times a week. 

I've invested in a LED light treatment mask. It's a strange experience lying there with this mask on. 

The next phase is trying a hyaluronic acid serum, a bakuchiol serum which is an alternative to retinol, an AHA exfoliating gel and a peptide eye gel. After that, I'll be looking at mask peels. 

It is a bit of trial and error. I think I'm seeing results which is exciting. In the meantime, it's fun trying new things. Also, I find that spending time looking after my skin makes me feel happy and good about myself. 

For years my focus was based more on what I was eating and drinking. Now it's adding in a few routines which might support being beautiful both on the inside and outside. At times it feels indulgent and vain, but the reality is that little comes naturally. I've always had to work hard to achieve my goals. My beauty is just another area of my life that needs attention. 



No comments:

Post a Comment