Wednesday, April 7, 2021

What I Learnt about Self Esteem Today


Last night I stayed up until the wee hours watching Season 4 of Line of Duty. I was tired this morning and annoyed with myself. 

Some mornings, I find it helpful to listen to a free calm app meditation to set the tone for my day. Today I listened to the self esteem one. I also listened to a Brene Brown youtube video and read an article which had some tips to improve self esteem

I practice gratitude daily and realise I need to practise acknowledging the great things about myself too. 

Lately I've been thinking I procrastinate too much. The truth is that I do put some things off. After spending some time reading, listening and reflecting on self esteem, I felt energised and motivated to set goals for my day and week. I wrote these down and had a productive day. It made me feel good about myself.  

I was grumpy on my walk this evening which was likely because I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked today. Then as I was washing the dishes this evening, I told myself that I had done a great job today. I thought about all the different wonderful skills and things that I do for myself and others. I can see my outlook on life shifting and it is exciting. 

My intention is to try to watch and read a little more every day this week on self esteem. 

So instead of Line of Duty tonight, I'm going to try to read more, which was on my list of goals for today. I should hopefully also sleep earlier and have a better night's rest. 

May you be beautiful, healthy and happy in every way today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment