Tuesday, April 20, 2021

We are the Lucky Ones

We are the lucky ones. We live in a time when there are opportunities because of technology and globalisation. 

We've made strides in medicine. There's laws about equality and a society that supports education for everyone. 

A hundred years ago, it was a different world. 

We find things to be unhappy about. We focus on the half empty glass. How can we change these habits?

We compare ourselves to others. We compare last year to this year. In fact, we can be miserable or just make the best out of a situation and be happy with what we have. 

We can have goals and dreams but be happy knowing we are working towards them. 

There are circumstances that unhappiness can be a sign that you want to make changes to your life. Unhappiness is an important emotion to help you navigate safely and healthily through life. 

At the end of the day, happiness is a choice that we make. 

Today I spent the afternoon gardenong. It was satisfying. I wish I had a big garden with lots of flowers. However I am happy that I am able to watch plants grow. Every small flower on my balcony is a small success. 

One day I might have a big garden. Until then, I choose to focus on the positivity of now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment