Monday, April 26, 2021

London Fashion - Designer Window Shopping





Last week I took a stroll down London's Old Bond St. I used to buy magazines to see what was new. It's actually quite interesting to wander by the different store front windows. You see which designers really do stand out and it's much easier to compare them. It's a bit like a fashion catwalk in reverse where you're doing the walking while the models are still and watching you. 

Spring has arrived so the big winter coat is almost ready to be packed away.  I've even started buying shorts ahead of summer. Last year it was almost impossible to find any that I liked as they were all sold out. 


The other week I wore a dress since we had a warmish day. I also was able to wear a new skirt and it's great to be dressing up a little again. Blues and greens seem right for this time of year. I like more flowing looser comfy clothes which have a relaxed weekend feel to them. More pockets is on my wishlist. I have even bought two of the same skirt in the same colour which has great pockets and a dress in two different colours which has pockets. There just aren't enough dresses and skirst with pockets around. 


Every so often I like to wear a pop of colour. Red is great. I wish there were more colours to choose from but these days the shops are a bit unimaginative. 

I like a short dress or skirt with leggings for that 70s vibe. I'm loving leggings and have a few that I adore but I'm always on the look out for more. Most of the leggings I see are for sportswear or their plain dull staples which I have plenty of.  


Smart casual is one of my go to looks. I've yet to buy trousers this season that will be my fun day pick me up. I've always found it hard to buy trousers although I'm a big fan of cargos and have two which will be my staples over the next few months. 

A beret adds a little flair to anything . I have a winter and spring berets which have lasted years. We definitely need more cool casual hats out there. 

Lounge wear became a massive trend with the pandemic and lockdown. I'm so ready to move on from that and put this year behind us. 

My wardrobe has gone through a makeover in the last twelve months. With each passing year, it's not just about trends but about what works for the time of your life and also knowing what you like or suits you after years of shopping. 

Thank goodness many retailers are improving their online shopping experience with free fast delivery and returns, reviews, lots of photoes and a decent range available. It makes shopping way too easy and the good ones, well they keep getting my money. Happy shopping fashion lovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment