Saturday, April 3, 2021

An ideal day

Today I was thinking about what an ideal day would look like and realised it's not mission impossible to achieve. 

It might start with listening to a meditation app for 10 minutes followed by a leisurely healthy breakfast with music playing in the background. Writing, working and even some housework might give me a sense of accomplishment. If I can squeeze in some reading it's a bonus. When the weather permits, a long walk helps me sort out my scattered thoughts. Now it is especially lovely because there are flowers and blossom popping up. The birds are singing. The swans, ducks and geese are gathering. 

It's nearly warm enough to spend time on the balcony. I like cooking and chilling out in the evening which is finished off with an early night. I fall asleep listing all that I am grateful for. 

Sometimes I might see a friend or chat to one of them on the phone. Or perhaps there's someone interesting to meet on social media. There's lots of zoom classes which are fun to do too.

It feels like so much time is spent thinking about what we would like to have, what we are missing or which we should have done but didn't that day. 

Is it that Spring is upon us or that vaccines are helping us move forward from the last year? It's great to feel more hopeful and happy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment