Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The little things

I notice that when I'm tired or worried about anything, I become more easily annoyed. It's hard to not be critical or judgmental of dog walkers who don't clean up after their pets or cyclists who are riding too quickly in pedestrian areas. 

I've tried to resolve these emotions and not let it upset what would otherwise be a pleasant walk. I think about how most people are considerate and the majority of people are considerate. This helps a little. 

The challenge is finding more compassion for people who may  have had a bad day and had a good reason or didn't intend to not clean up after their dog or stress pedestrians out. I like to see the good in everyone and believe we are all in essence good. I know this isn't always possible and I shouldn't beat myself up when I'm not able to do this. I don't need to be nice to people I don't know in my head. It's a bit silly, I know. 

What I've realised is that I am tired and I need to really listen to what my body and mind are trying to tell me. I want to take more time to reflect and so the little things won't phase me so much because I feel strong and able to deal with things. Sometimes I get so caught up in the busyness of stuff and I need to slow down or flash a big red STOP sign in my head. 

The thing is we are so automated to want Green and go, rather than red and stop. Red keeps us safe from oncoming traffic. Stopping is needed to refuel. Embracing red and stopping - it's an interesting idea which I'll park for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment